Our final determination allows Scottish Water to deliver wide-ranging, long-lasting benefits for Scottish customers and communities.
Best value for customers:
- Today’s levels of service to customers are overall as good as has ever been recorded by any water and sewerage company in Great Britain. Our final determination allows Scottish Water to ensure that these high service standards are maintained now and into the future.
- The final determination allows Scottish Water the flexibility to reflect the results of its national conversation in its annual Scheme of Charges.
- As part of an overall package of measures, charges for those in receipt of full relief from Council Tax will see average price increases below inflation over the 2021-27 period.
- No household in Scotland will see their bill increase by more than £2 a month above inflation in each year. The average bill will increase by less than 80 pence a month – around £9 a year – above the rate of inflation each year.
A flourishing environment and drinking water to be proud of:
- Scottish Water has the funding it needs to continue to deliver a flourishing and improving aquatic environment, and drinking water to be proud of.
- The investment will ensure that Scottish Water’s assets, such as its pipes and sewers, are better able to withstand future unexpected events.
A greener Scotland:
- Scottish Water has the funding it needs to deliver the first phase of its ambitious net zero emissions target for 2040.
- It is also being supported to provide wider benefits for customers and communities, and to provide additional benefits such as access to land for leisure.
A more prosperous Scotland:
- We are allowing for significantly increased investment in a major Scottish industry that improves infrastructure, creates jobs and supports livelihoods across Scotland.
- Scottish Water is – and will continue to be – a financially sustainable business and an exemplar model of public ownership on the international stage.