Introduction to our annual report
As the economic regulator of publicly owned Scottish Water, the Water Industry Commission for Scotland (WICS) works to ensure that the industry is internationally admired for excellence and is sustainable both today and for future generations.
This report outlines our work in 2020-21, the final year of the current six-year (2015-21) regulatory control period. The report is presented in three parts:
- The performance report consisting of:
- A foreword from our Chair
- A statement from our Chief Executive and Accountable Officer summarising our performance during the year.
- The overview section, which explains our purpose and strategy, activities and operational risks.
- Performance analysis, which shows our progress against this year’s performance measures and our financial performance.
- The accountability report consisting of:
- The corporate governance report
- A remuneration and staff report
- Parliamentary accountability
- Independent auditor’s report
- The financial statements consisting of:
- Statement of comprehensive net expenditure for the year to 31 March 2021
- Statement of financial position at 31 March 2021
- Statement of cashflows for the year to 31 March 2021
- Statement of changes in equity for the year ended 31 March 2021
- Notes to the financial statements.