Ref No.: 02 23
Request Type: FOI
Date Received: 13/03/23
Date Responded: 22/03/23
Category: Confidential waste
Please could you confirm if you can provide the following information Free of Charge or if a fee will be applicable – If a fee is applicable, please confirm the price (before providing any information)?
I would be most grateful if you would provide me, under the Freedom of Information Act, details in respect to the contract below.
Confidential Waste Destruction Contract
The details I require are:
- Has confidential waste been procured via tender or framework or another means?
- If a framework, could you confirm the name of the framework please?
- Actual contract values of each framework/contract (& any sub lots)
- Start date & duration of contract
- Is there an extension clause in the framework(s)/contract(s) and, if so, the duration of the extension?
- Has a decision been made yet on whether the framework(s)/contract(s) are being either extended or renewed?
- Who is the procurement officer responsible for this contract and could you provide their email address and phone number please?
- Who is the senior officer (outside of procurement) responsible for this contract and could you provide their email address and phone number please?
- Who is the current supplier?
- If your current supplier is a Facilities Management/Waste/Cleaning Company, which sub-contractor services your organisation? E.g., which company’s staff actually collect your confidential waste?
We have handled your request in terms of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (FOISA). FOISA provides for a right of access to recorded information held by Scottish public authorities.
I would like to confirm that this information is being shared with you free of charge.
In response to your request, I would like to verify that we do not have a framework contract, or any other contract in place for the destruction of confidential waste. Following the pandemic, all of our employees are now based at home and we don’t, at the moment, require any specific suppliers of confidential waste destruction. We’re largely a paperless office however have provided our staff with shredders to allow them to dispose of any hard copy records that they might require while working from home. Historical paper records in storage are confidentially disposed of by the storage provider, on an ad hoc basis.